A very warm welcome to our new members. We have been able to take a number of applicants off the waiting list
If you take two minutes to look at the website, here you will be made aware of the opportunities open to you. Now that you are part of the fold……………please take advantage. They are:
- the diverse monthly lectures
- the themed day lectures on Spanish Art ( 3 in the Spring)
- our next Study Day is 15th May on the subject of The Representation of Women In Art – Looking at me Looking at You
- our next visit is 26th April to the Hepworth Wakefield and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- or you can involve yourself in the Heritage Volunteers projects and for this please contact Beth Hall or Hillary Olleson.
Filling in forms is always a chore but there are two changes which mean that next year’s membership forms are going to be more complicated. The General Data Protection Regulation which comes into force on 25th May 2018 requires that we tell you what data we hold on you and what we use it for. Then you must opt in to the data being shared with the national The Arts Society. Similarly, HMRC has tightened the rules about Gift Aid and we need to be sure that you have ticked the box to allow us to claim. Both of these changes mean that membership renewal forms will need to be completed in full for membership to be renewed.
Meanwhile, I do encourage you to become involved in our Society and remember that you only grow old when you stop being curious!!!