Sheffield – Cutlers’ Hall and Millenium Museum
Our next visit is to Sheffield on Wednesday 16th October 2019. This will be a two-centre visit starting at the renowned Cutlers Hall, where we will lunch, and then moving onto the Millennium Museum and surrounding area.
Cutlers Hall is a magnificent venue steeped in history and grandeur and regarded as one of the finest livery halls in the north of England. The role of the Cutlers Company is to maintain the standards and quality of Sheffield manufactured cutlery and steel products.
The Millennium Museum is Sheffield’s premier destination for art, craft and design and hosts the city’s unique Metalwork and Ruskin collection. It also gives easy access to the Graves Gallery and other attractions.
The format of the day is:
- Leave Phoenix Park and Ride Site at 09:00, arriving at Cutlers Hall at approximately 10:00.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits on arrival.
- A guided tour of the Hall starting at 10:30 and lasting approximately 1¼ hours.
- At 12:00 we will be served a two-course set menu lunch (see below) in one of the magnificent rooms.
- Leave the Hall at approximately 13:30 for a very short coach ride to the Millennium Museum (this can be walked if preferred).
- Free time to explore the Museum and surrounding area.
- Leave the Millennium Museum at 16:00, arriving back in Nottingham at approximately 17:00.
The application form can be downloaded here – Sheffield Application form