Who we are
The Arts Society Nottingham (TASN) is a society for the promotion of the arts affiliated to The Arts Society. Our website address is http://www.theartssociety-nottingham.org
Who keeps it
TASN. Their data controller can be contacted at the above web address.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you or your guests to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ('Personal Data'). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Title First name and last name
- Phone number (including third party emergency number for Visits)
- Address, Town, County, Postal code, City
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a user’s device. These can be deleted by the user.
- We use PHP session cookies to assist in use of the website while connected
- We use no third-party cookies to track data.
Why we collect it
- To ensure that you receive the latest news and information about all upcoming events.
- For The Arts Society (the national body to which all local Arts Societies are affiliated) to enable inclusion in the mailing of their magazine which is published three times a year and other communications from them about any upcoming national events or items of legitimate interest.
- For the East Midlands Art Society Area or other affiliated societies for the purpose of disseminating relevant information of legitimate interest.
- For health and safety so we can contact a third party in the event that an unexpected incident occurs to the person on an external visit.
- When members give us any information about their guests, we will assume they are giving us permission to use that data to contact the guest about the event which the guest is attending if that becomes necessary. We may use the information to contact the guest with further information about The Arts Society Nottingham and its events.
How secure is the information
How long we retain your data
- Membership details are retained as long as you remain a member and for a period up to two years after that.
- Event booking information and emergency telephone numbers collected for visits will not be used for any other purpose, and will be deleted from our records 28 days after the event.
- Financial details by law may need to be kept for seven years for inland revenue purposes.
What rights you have over your data
If you are a member, or have left comments, you can request to receive details of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, financial or security purposes.
How you can request to remove data
You cannot edit data yourself. If you contact the Data Controller of the Arts Society Nottingham by email to email@example.com they can arrange for your data to be deleted. Doing so will mean you will not receive any details of events or information about the activity of the society.
How you can complain
If you are not happy with how TASN handle your data or you have any complaint then in the first instance you should contact the data controller by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/